With many small businesses opening up throughout the United States after stay at home orders have been lifted, many individuals are wondering how exactly they should effectively disinfect their company’s surfaces that customers will interact with daily.
The below steps are needed to disinfect effectively:
- Wear Disposable gloves to clean and disinfect
- Clean surfaces using soap and water, and then use a disinfectant
- Cleaning with soap and water first will reduce the number of germs, dirt, and impurities on the surface
- Disinfectant will kill germs
- Routinely clean the frequently touched surfaces of your business. Surfaces that are touched most often are:
- Light switches, countertops, handles, keyboards, desks, phones, toilets, tables, faucets, and sinks
Any disinfectant that you use must be an EPA-registered household disinfectant, and you should follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe use of the product.
Many products that effectively disinfect will require basic safety protection like gloves, eye protection, and a mask if you are prone to reactions from chemical fumes.
An appropriate disinfectant for Covid-19 virus can be found at the link below.
Thanks for reading, and stay safe!